Please read through all information below before submitting an inquiry.
Online counseling services are only available Monday-Friday. During peak periods, it may take 3-5 days to reply to your inquiry.
Thank you for your patience! SMC Counseling Department
To speak to a counselor, join the QLess queue.
International students with an F1 student visa or questions regarding the I-20 should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask a Counselor
Topics Appropriate for Online Inquiries
- Academic Plans
- Associate Degrees and Certificates
- Academic and Progress Renewal
College Procedures and Academic Policies
- Course Prerequisite Waiver/s, Co-requisites and Advisories
- Course Repetition
- Course Substitution and /or Equivalency
- Disqualification and Probationary Issues
- General Education (GE), IGETC, CSU or AA GE
- Transfer Requirements
- Requirements for Associate Degrees and Certificates of Achievement
Topics That Require You Meet With A Counselor
SMC strives to safeguard all electronic transactions. However, when using this site, be aware that information transmitted through our Online Counseling services and email correspondence is not encrypted. Additionally, certain inquiries may be referred to other campus Departments and or staff which may be better suited to answer the inquiry. By using this site you agree to the above listed terms.