Contact for New & Current Students
General Counseling and Transfer Services Center assists both new and continuing SMC students. Special program participants should contact counselors in those programs (Ex. EOP&S, VRC, the Latino Center, IEC, Athletics program etc)
- F-1 visa students: Contact International Counseling Center
About Online Counseling Services
Online counseling services are only available Monday-Thursday. Due to an increase in usage, a response may take 3-5 business days.
To speak to a counselor, join the QLess queue.
Students with an F1 student visa or questions regarding the I-20 should email email@example.com
Drop-in Counseling by Phone
NOTE: The QLess line will close automatically if the number of students waiting far exceeds available counselors. Depending on the wait, we may not be able to reopen.
Once you have signed in:
- Look for Santa Monica College Counseling Callback.
- We'll send you a text message to alert you when we are ready.
- The counselor will call you at the number provided when it's your turn to be seen.
Make sure cell phone settings are adjusted to receive a call from an unknown or "no
caller ID" number. Otherwise, the call goes to voicemail.
Video Express Counseling Also Available
Briefly meet with a counselor through Video Express Counseling. These sessions are limited to 10 minutes. No appointments needed.
NEW! Extended Drop-in Counseling Hours:
Fall 2020 Regular Hours (September 7–December 23):
Please see our extended hours in red
Monday: 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Nov. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30)
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. – November 3, 10, 17, 24)
*Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. – November 4, 18, 25)
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
*On Wednesdays, from Sept. 16 - October 28 we will not open until 10AM due to department meetings.
Monday, September 7, 2020- Labor Day
Wednesday, November 11, 2020- Veteran’s Day
Thursday, November 26, 2020 and Friday, November 27, 2020- Thanksgiving
Thursday, December 24, 2020 to January 01, 2021- Christmas and New Year’s Day
Make an Appointment
Counselors are also available for telephone appointments and video appointments (Zoom).
Book an appointment through Corsair Connect.
- Click "Book a Counseling Appointment" under SMC Quick Links.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your appointment with instructions.
- Video appointments: A Zoom meeting link is provided.
- Phone appointments: Counselors will call the current phone number in your Corsair Connect account. Make sure your phone number is accurate in the Corsair Connect profile settings. Also make sure your phone settings are adjusted to allow "unknown" or "no caller ID" numbers at the time of your appointment. If you cannot be reached, your appointment will be canceled and you must reschedule.
For fall offering online MyEdPlan workshops
MyEdPlan is an award-winning, online, education planning tool that allows you to:
- Create and edit an education plan on your own anytime!
- Plan your courses for future terms.
- Track your progress toward your goal as you meet major/program/degree requirements.
- Submit your ed plan for review by a counselor directly from MyEdPlan.
- Meet the educational planning requirements for enrollment, including priority enrollment.
Online: Limited brief questions and some student petitions can also be submitted online at smc.edu/oc.
Chat: Speak to our front desk by going to How to Connect with a Counselor use the chat button in the lower right corner of the page. Please note that we are available to chat during regular business hours of 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday. 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Friday.
Phone: Limited personnel are working remotely Monday-Friday and you may call 310-434-4210 and leave a message. Be sure to include your name and phone number, and we will call you back as soon as possible.
- If you are trying to reach a counselor in a special program, check How to Connect with a Counselor for contact information of all counseling programs.
- If you are unable to enroll for a Math or English class, Anatomy 1, Biology 21, or Chemistry 11, you may submit your question, along with unofficial transcripts online at smc.edu/oc to verify that you have satisfied the prerequisite.
- For all other science waivers, email ScienceWaivers@smc.edu for instructions through the Science Department.
Location: Currently Closed to the Public
Student Services Center (SSC) 2nd Floor: Map
1900 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405-1628
Student Services Center Second Floor
Map of Location: View a detailed map of the main campus