The PRIDE Center is to celebrate LGBTQ+ people and history and support a safe and inclusive environment for students, staff, faculty and community members by building an understanding of sexual orientation, gender identities, and gender expression. The SMC PRIDE center is dedicated to emphasizing intersectional LGBTQ+ identities and committed to advocating for improvements in campus climate, inclusion, and success for queer and trans students.
Programs and Services
The PRIDE Center will provide a platform for political activism and social change and locus of services for LGBTQ+ students and staff, geared toward their academic success, retention, and health and well-being. The Pride Center would serve to facilitate service partnerships with the larger community, including the LA LGBT Center, Beinestar LGBT Youth Services, Colors Youth, and the Point Foundation.
Telemental Health Services
The SMC Student Equity Center has partnered with Colors LGBTQ Youth Counseling Center, a community-based service of the Antioch University Counseling Center to provide free unlimited LGBTQ-affirmative telemental health services to SMC students under 25 years old.
For general inquiries, call (310) 578-1080, ext. 320 or visit colorsyouth.org
- Los Angeles LGBT Center & Calendar
- California Campus LGBTQ Centers: State of Community Colleges LGBTQ Resources & Services
- The Trevor Project & Supporting Black LGBT Youth Mental Health
- API Equality
- UCLA LGBTQ Resources
- Human Rights Campaign: Resource Guide to Coming Out
- Advocates for Youth
- I Might Be Gay - What do I do?
- LGBTQ+ Friendly Schools & Programs
- Gender Spectrum - Parenting, Teens, Education
- LGBTQ+ Workplace Resource Guide
- LifeWorks LA Scholarship
- LGBTQIAP Terminology
- AVEN (Asexuality Visibility And Education Network)
- Guides for Being a Straight Ally
- GSA Network
- Campus Pride (National Listing of LGBTQ-Friendly Colleges & Universities)
- PFLAG - LGBTQ+ Parents