Welcome to Inter-Club Council (ICC)!
All clubs must follow this process (legacy clubs, clubs from last year, and new clubs).
ICC Flyer of Club Installation 5-step Process:
- Find an Advisor
- All clubs need one full-time advisor (full time faculty or manager).
- Additionally, 1-2 co-advisors may be chosen (part-time faculty, full-time faculty, full-time manager, or full-time classified employee)
- Complete Club Logistics
- Complete Club Orientation
- Officers Complete FERPA Training
- Submit electronic Club Registration form and attachments
- Wait for Review by the Office of Student Life
- Reviews GPA, 6 unit and paid AS fees
- Review if advisors are Part Time or Full Time
- Once approved, information sent to ICC communication
- Vote by ICC:
- ICC Communication officer adds clubs to agenda
- If voted by ICC, club is installed during meeting.
- Post-ICC Approval
- Club added to ICC list
- Club can go about official business
The ICC is the voice of all the club members.
The purpose of the Inter-Club Council shall be:
- To promote student awareness of and participation in SMC clubs.
- To establish coordination, communication and cooperation among the officially registered student clubs.
- To promote the development of student leadership and service.
- To promote campus and public awareness of Inter-Club Council Activities.
ICC Officers on the A.S. Board of Directors: The ICC will elect three ICC Officers to serve on the Associated Students Board of Directors, from the club ICC Delegates.
The three ICC Officer Positions to sit on the A.S. Board of Directors are:
- ICC Chair
- ICC Vice Chair
- ICC Communications Officer
The ICC Officers are listed on the "A.S. Board of Directors" page.
Club ICC Delegates: Each Club will need two ICC Delegates.
- The Club President is automatically considered the first club ICC Delegate.
- The second club ICC Delegate is selected by the Club President.
- Only one club ICC Delegate needs to represent the club at the ICC Meetings.
- Anyone can attend the ICC meetings it is an open meeting, but only the Club's ICC Delegates can represent the club during the ICC meetings.
ICC Officer Elections:
- The Inter-Club Council will hold ICC Officer Elections in the Spring Semester, usually the last ICC meeting.
- All the Club ICC Delegates are eligible to run for one of the three ICC Officer Positions to serve on the A.S. Board of Directors.
A good way to get involved at SMC and get to know like-minded students is to join a club that fits your interest or explore new interests!
Contact clubs you are interested in joining, or attend a meeting to see if it is a good fit for you.
Clubs meet or have events during activity hour on Tuesdays / Thursdays from 11:15 a.m. to 12:35 p.m.
Club Awareness and Club Row events take place every fall and spring semesters, it is a fun way to explore and enjoy the diverse student clubs of SMC.
Club Registration Forms
Club Reg. Info Flyer - please read before completing the club registration.
Note: Scroll down to see a list of ICC Meetings for prospect clubs to be installed.
Club Registration Link NEW Form Available Now.
ICC Signatures Page (Part of Club Registration Process)
Club Constitution Form - Please complete and submit with club registration confirmation page, only if you do not have a club constitution on file.
FERPA Info Flyer- NEW for Club President & Delegate to complete training and quiz.
ICC Club Advisors Responsibilities Info Sheet.
The Fall 2020 ICC Registration Packet needs 6 business days for processing.
The registration packet is due by 4:00 p.m. on a Wednesday, at least one week before an ICC Meeting, and Not the same week as an ICC Meeting.
Submit Forms Attend Meeting = Funding %
9/2/20 9/10/20 = 100%
9/16/20 9/24/20 = 100%
9/30/20 10/8/20 = 66%
10/14/20 10/22/20 = 66%
10/28/20 11/5/20 = 33%
11/11/20 11/19/20 = 33%
ICC Orientation - NEW updated version as of 9/28/2020 - Info on Everything Pertaining to the ICC Clubs, how to start a club, the two types of club money accounts and how to access them, etc.
ICC Club Special Account Instructions - For clubs who fundraised or received donated money.
ICC Club Minutes BLANK FORM - Clubs can use this form to record their club minutes.
ICC Officer Roster Form. Do not use this form to register a club. This form is used to change club officers after the club is registered.
ICC Advisors Responsibilities Form - Do not use this form to register a club. This form is used to add or change club advisors after the club is registered.
Note: for Associated Students forms go to A.S. Forms & Documents Page