Applying to SMC is Easy!
Follow the steps below to apply and enroll at SMC
- Create an OpenCCC account first. You will need a real email address. If you already have an OpenCCC account, just login.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Check your email after you have applied. Your SMC ID number and two emails will be sent by Admissions & Records within the hour with further instructions (check junk mail if you did not receive it).
- While Orientation is not required of you as a transfer-in student, you can still complete it so you
are familiar with SMC.
- You may need to complete the course placement process if you intend to enroll in courses requiring a specific math, English, or
ESL prerequisite. Complete it on the "Placement" tab in Corsair Connect.
- Education planning is needed to secure an earlier enrollment appointment. Complete your education plan using MyEdPlan or meet with a counselor to help select your classes or to request a preliminary transcript evaluation to determine how your previous coursework may be used at SMC.
- Once you complete all steps above, you will be able to enroll in classes for the term
you applied for. You may enroll on or after your enrollment date and time.
- Find your enrollment date and time, and also enroll in classes on Corsair Connect.
Finish your degree or certificate faster by enrolling in 12-15 units in fall and spring semesters.
- Review the Schedule of Classes and then enroll on your student portal, Corsair Connect.