Welcome to the Santa Monica College High School Concurrent Enrollment Program.
As you consider your choices, here is why SMC is a great choice for you!
- Classes are free to California high school students.
- SMC has an excellent academic reputation.
- SMC is #1 in transfers to the University of California, UCLA, USC, Loyola Marymount, and Ivy League-Columbia University (west of the Mississippi).
- We offer thousands of courses every term to help you earn high school and college credit toward a degree, certificate and/or transfer.
Application Review Process
Applications are processed in the order received. Applications are reviewed within 3-5 business days after receipt, during regular business hours. Due to volume and staffing, late applications do not receive priority review.
Submit Your Application
- To serve you better, email your application and transcript as a single PDF file to
- If you previously took a class at SMC, you only need to submit the HSCE application. You do not need to reapply to SMC.
Help is provided online or by phone. Here is how you may contact us:
- Email email@example.com at any time.
- Join the QLess line during normal office hours to speak to someone.
- Call 310-434-3522. Leave a message and we will promptly return your call.