Welcome to the Santa Monica College High School Concurrent Enrollment Program.
As you consider your choices, here is why SMC is a great choice for you!
- Classes are free to California high school students.
- SMC has an excellent academic reputation.
- SMC is #1 in transfers to the University of California, UCLA, USC, Loyola Marymount, and Ivy League-Columbia University (west of the Mississippi).
- We offer thousands of courses every term to help you earn high school and college credit toward a degree, certificate and/or transfer.
Application Review Process
Applications are processed in the order received. Applications are reviewed usually within 3-5 business days after receipt, during regular business hours. Due to volume and staffing, late applications do not receive priority review and it may take longer to process an application.
Submit Your Application
- To serve you better, the HSCE application can now be submitted online. You will need to log in with your SMC username (not your ID number) and password. Your user name is the first part of your SMC email address--everything before the "@" symbol (e.g., denoso_michael_aaron).
- You will need your parent, high school counselor and principal's full name and email addresses. These are required on the application.
- Once you complete the HSCE application, your parent will be emailed right away to the email you provided to ask them to approve your application. nce your parent apprves, an email will be sent to your counselor to approve, then to your principal, but only if you are enrolling in a summer class. Once these individuals approve you, the application will be routed to SMC Admissions and Records for review.
- If you previously took a class at SMC, you only need to submit the HSCE application. You do not need to reapply for admission to SMC.
Help is provided online or by phone. Here is how you may contact us:
- Email email@example.com at any time.
- Join the QLess line during normal office hours to speak to someone.