Admission & Aid

Federal Student Aid - SEOG


A Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is a grant for undergraduate students with exceptional financial need.

How to Apply

Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form to determine financial need. The SMC financial aid office will award FSEOGs to students with the most financial need. The FSEOG does not need to be repaid, except under certain circumstances. Find out why you might have to repay all or part of a federal grant.

Aid Availability

Students can receive between $100 and $4,000 a year, depending on financial need, when a student applies, the amount of other aid received, and the availability of funds at SMC.

How to Receive an FSEOG

SMC will credit your student account, pay you directly, or combine these methods. Your school must disburse (pay out) funds at least once per term (semester, trimester, or quarter). Schools that do not use semesters, trimesters, or quarters must disburse funds at least twice per academic year