The Welcome Center is a convenient “one-stop shop” where new students can find the information, services, and support they need to make a smooth transition to SMC. During enrollment periods, the Welcome Center has academic and financial aid counselors, staff and trained student ambassadors are on hand to answer questions and assist new students with admission and enrollment processes. At the Welcome Center, new students can:
- Get help to resolve any admission or enrollment issues;
- Get information about financial aid and help with filling out financial aid applications;
- Take part in one-on-one and small-group counseling sessions;
- Seek personalized academic counseling and develop a customized educational plan; and
- Use computers to apply to SMC, enroll in classes, and/or complete their online orientation.
After enrollment ends, the Welcome Center continues to stay in touch with new students. Student ambassadors call new students during their first semester at SMC to find out how they are doing, whether they have any questions, and—if it seems necessary—to invite them to the Welcome Center for an individual counseling appointment.
For more information about the Welcome Center, call or stop by for a visit or, click on the links below for information on the following topics: