Welcome to the Veterans Resource Center (VRC) at Santa Monica College, serving veterans entering college for the first time or returning to college to further their education.
The center acts as a liaison with the Veterans Administration to verify enrollment for students claiming benefits under the G.I. Bill or the Veterans’ Vocational Rehabilitation Program. We can also assist the veteran with referrals to various veteran-serving programs in the West Los Angeles area.
|Office Hours||Academic Counseling|
|Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.||Monday - Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m|
|Friday: 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
FOUR WAYS TO REACH A COUNSELOR
1. Video Express Counseling Via Zoom (Instructions below)
2. Book an appointment online (Instructions Below)
3. Call 310-434-8205 leave a message with your Name, Student ID and the nature of your call (Average Response time 2 business days or less)
4. Email: VetsOutreach@smc.edu with your concerns or questions.
If you are dropping any course, you must FIRST contact a Veterans' Counselor in the VRC at VetsOutreach@smc.edu or book an appointment with a counselor.
|VRC Counselor ||Day of the week ||Hours |
|Krys Gonzalez || Mondays ||12:30 pm - 1:30 pm|
|Christina Sandoval ||Tuesdays |
|11:00 am - 12:00 pm|
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Video Express Counseling through Zoom now offered on a limited basis. What is express counseling? Express counseling is for quick questions (for example, some prerequisite waivers, unit increase requests or general transfer questions, GI Bill questions) and sessions are ten minutes.
Video Express Counseling is not for education plans or transcript evaluation.
APPOINTMENT BOOKING ONLINE
- Log in to Corsair Connect.
- On the main page, scroll down to SMC Quick Links on the left-hand side.
- Click on Book a Counseling Appointment.
- When you are in the booking system, you will be able to sort by Program/Area, Counselor, Day, and Time (Example: Veteran, Sandoval, Tuesday, 8:00 AM)
- Once an appointment is booked, you will receive a confirmation email sent to your SMC email.
- Make a note of your appointment as a reminder to be available during this time.
- You can also cancel existing appointments and view your appointment history.
- Ensure your telephone/cell number is accurate in Corsair Connect by selecting "Enrollment Services" and then "Profile/Preferences".
310-434-8205 to book your academic counseling appointment.
If you get voicemail, leave a message with your Name, Student ID and the nature of your call so that we may return your call within 48 hours.
Note: The return telephone call from VRC will show up as
Email: VetsOutreach@smc.edu with the information requested above.
Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling Hours (VetSuccess)
Dr. Julie Johns: Julie.Johns2@va.gov
Mondays and Tuesdays: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m by email.
US Vets Wellness Counselor (Mental Health) Hours
Carl Freeman: email@example.com
Mondays and Wednesdays: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Phone: (310) 434-8205
Cayton Building, Invictus Lower Level (Map #14)1900 Pico Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90405