VRC Services and Technology
- Academic Counseling Mondays through Thursdays.
- Free counseling for individuals and couples. Contact the VRC at (310) 434-8205 for additional information.
- Certification of units for GI Bill payments for tuition, books, and monthly housing allowance. Contact Martha Romano at (310) 434-8205.
- Veteran Lounge/Study Room: Come get a cup of coffee, hang with veteran peers, or need a place to study. The lounge also has a refrigerator and microwave.
- Tutoring on a limited basis, please contact the VRC for any assistance you may need with tutoring.
- Emergency Relief Fund for veterans enduring financial hardship, please fill out the Emergency Fund application located in the Helpful Documents section of this website.
- Computer Lab consisting of 6 desktop computers with full internet access, browse for classes, complete homework or just surf the web.
- 2 laptop computers available for checkout at any time for a 4 day period. Ask the receptionist in the VRC for more details (310) 434-8205
- 9 Livescribe smart pens with notebooks to assist veterans with taking notes. Smartpens
- 2 assistive technology computers with scanners. Software currently installed on these computers is:
- IVEO viewer
- Dragon Naturally Speaking Software (please bring a memory stick to save your profile)
- Zoom Text 9.1
- Inspiration 9
- Read Out Loud University
- Natural Reader
- Register with DSPS for assistance in learning how to use the technology and creating a plan that will best assist you in your academic endeavors. (DSPS)