Dependents of military veterans that are service connected permanently  by the Veterans Administration at 0% or more are entitled to full tuition waivers if they meet the following criteria:

  • Plan A: The spouse, registered domestic partner, child (under the age of 27) or unmarried surviving spouse of a veteran who is totally service-connected disabled, or who has died of service-connected causes may qualify.
    Plan B: The child of a veteran who has a permanent service-connected disability. The child's income and value of support provided by a parent cannot exceed the national poverty level. To view this year's poverty level, visit our Education page. Note: All students must meet California residency requirements.
    *Note that all students must meet California residency requirements.
    Where to Apply
  • Contact your local County Veterans Service Office or go to for more information and to download an application.  Once approved you will need to fill out the BOG Waiver and turn it into the financial aid office.  Be sure to check item number 18 as yes.