Contact for New & Current
General Counseling and Transfer Services Center assists both new and continuing SMC students. Special program participants should contact counselors in those programs (Ex. EOP&S, VRC, the Latino Center, IEC, Athletics program etc)
For Drop-in Counseling via telephone
Please note: During the summer, counseling will be closed on Fridays and will reopen on Monday at 8:30 a.m.
Counseling Callback Queue
NOTE: The Q-Less line will close automatically if the number of students waiting far exceeds available counselors. Depending on the wait, we may not be able to reopen.
If you are using a phone to sign into Q-Less, please download the QLess app first (Android or iOS). Upon signing in:
- Look for Santa Monica College Counseling Callback.
- We'll send you a text message to alert you when we are ready.
- The counselor will call you at the number provided when it's your turn to be seen. Make sure cell phone settings are adjusted to receive a call from an unknown or "no caller ID" number. Otherwise, the call goes to voicemail.
Video Express Counseling is also available !! Briefly meet with a counselor through Video Express Counseling. These sessions are limited to 10 minutes. No appointments needed.
New! Extended Drop-in Counseling Hours:
In addition to our normal summer hours, we are also offering extended hours as follows:
Week 1 (June 22-26)
Monday, June 22 - Wednesday, June 24: 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Thurs, June 25: 8:30-4:30, Closed Friday
Week 10: (Aug.24-Aug 29)
Monday, August 24-Thursday, August 27: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Friday, August 28- Saturday, August 29: 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Summer 2020 Regular Hours (June 29 – August 20):
Monday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Make an Appointment
At this time, there are no appointments available.
Working in a remote enviromentment has caused the department to make cuts and have limitations on certain services we provide. We encourage you to use Q-Less to connect with a counselor. We do apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
For summer offering online MyEdPlan workshops
MyEdPlan is an award-winning, online, education planning tool that allows you to:
- Create and edit an education plan on your own anytime!
- Plan your courses for future terms.
- Track your progress toward your goal as you meet major/program/degree requirements.
- Submit your ed plan for review by a counselor directly from MyEdPlan.
- Meet the educational planning requirements for enrollment, including priority enrollment.
Online: Limited brief questions and some student petitions can also be submitted online at
Chat: Speak to our front desk by going to
How to Connect with a Counselor use the chat button in the lower right corner of the page. Please note that we are available to chat during regular business hours of 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m Friday.
Phone: Limited personnel are working remotely Monday-Friday and you may call (310) 434-4210 and leave a message. Be sure to include your name and phone number, and we will call you back as soon as possible.
- If you are trying to reach a counselor in a special program, check
How to Connect with a Counselor for contact information of all counseling programs.
- If you are unable to enroll for a Math or English class, Anatomy 1, Biology 21, or Chemistry 11, you may submit your question, along with unofficial transcripts online at
smc.edu/oc to verify that you have satisfied the prerequisite.
- For all other science waivers, email
ScienceWaivers@smc.edu for instructions through the Science Department.
Location: Currently Closed to the Public
Student Services Center (SSC) 2nd Floor:
1900 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405-1628
Student Services Center Second Floor
Map of Location:
View a detailed map of the main campus