The Health Services staff provides cost effective primary health care services to currently enrolled students who had paid the California State mandated health fee.
Emphasis is placed on health promotion and education through information dissemination; illness prevention and treatment through advocation; and the mental and physical overall well being of the student by encompassing a holistic approach to empower the student in to making sound health care decisions.
The services provided to enrolled and health fee paid students include:
- Emergency/first aid treatment
- Medical care and intervention
- Nutrition assessment and counseling
- Nursing assessment and intervention
- Vital signs screening (blood pressure, temperature, respiration, oxygen saturation)
- Tuberculin (Mantoux) skin test
- Finger stick blood sugar check
- Over the counter (OTC) medication
- Immunization/Vaccinations at cost
- Blood Mobile Donation
- Health related pamphlets and literature
- HIV testing and counseling administered by Common Ground Clinic
- STD/STI screening and referrals to clinics
- Gynecological services and STD/STI screening (limited) conducted by Westside Family Health Clinic (WFHC)
- Information on optional student medical and dental insurance. Brochures available at the front counter in Health Services.
Health Services Center Hours:
For Nurses: For Dietitian:
- Monday: 8am - 4pm Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 8am - 4pm Tuesday: 9am - 4pm
- Wednesday: 8am - 4pm Wednesday: 9am - 4pm
- Thursday: 8am - 4pm Thursday: 9am - 4pm
- Friday: 8am - 2pm Friday: Closed
Please call 310-434-4262 for an appointment.