Psychological Services provides a broad range of services, including brief individual counseling, crisis intervention, and referral services, to enhance the personal well-being, psycho-social development, and academic advancement of a diverse student population, as a means to promote student retention and graduation from SMC.
Monday: 9 am – 4 pm
Tuesday through Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
Liberal Arts Building, Room 110
Appointments are recommended
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- To schedule an appointment, come to our office in LA 110.
- Walk-in/crisis hours are set each day for students who feel they cannot wait for a regularly scheduled intake and are not experiencing a serious emergency, but who want to be seen the same day.
- Standing walk-in hours are now scheduled Monday-Thursday from 10 am to 12 pm and 3 to 4 pm; Friday, 10 am to 12 pm
Walk-in hours tend to fill quickly and are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- For on-campus emergencies, i.e., a student is a danger to him/herself or others, during office hours or after hours, contact campus police at (310) 434-4300.
- For off-campus emergencies, call 911.