Following is a list of LD Program support services and how best to access them:
- ACADEMIC COUNSELING
- Go to a counselor at the Disabled Students Center
- Make an appointment with a counselor
- Ask to make a 1-2 year plan: discuss REALISTIC goals.
- BOOKS ON TAPE or E-TEXT
- Get form from Contact Instructor or Disabled Students Center
- Fill it out, have Contact Instructor sign it
- Take to Disabled Students' Center
- PLAN AHEAD...this can take awhile!
- NOTE TAKERS
- Get Volunteer Note taker form and copier request form from Contact
- Fill them out.
- Give request form to your course instructor (make an appointment!)
- Follow up if you don't hear anything in a week!
- Student volunteer note-taker will bring a copy of notes to
the LD program for approval and further instructions
- You may arrange to obtain notes from the note-taker or pick
them up from MC 75.
- HIGH TECH CENTER
- Take LD instructor referral to the High Tech Center in AC 100
- Make an appointment with them to discuss options or to get on the
- PRIORITY ENROLLMENT
- For Fall and Spring Semesters only
- This entitles you to second or third day enrollment
- This should happen automatically. If it doesn't, see your
- LD PROGRAM STUDY ASSISTANCE
- Come in and study individually or with a group
- Appointment hours with LD assistants are available. Sign up
at the front desk.
- Come with specific questions in mind, assignments, or a
- STUDY STRATEGIES CLASSES
- Get schedule at LD program, find in schedule of classes, or
look on the website.
- These meet twice a week for 8 weeks (Counseling 51 - 58)
- These workshops should be taken along with an academic
class in order to be able to apply the strategies learned.
- TEST PROCTORING
- PLAN AHEAD..When you plan your semester schedule leave
time after the class to allow for the extra time in the proctoring room!
- Get PROCTOR FORM from the LD Program
- Have Contact Instructor sign it
- Make an APPOINTMENT with your course instructor
to discuss your proctor form and arrangements (NOT during class!)
- Return form to the LD Program
- Schedule time of test with the Disabled Students Center
as soon as you can
- Remind the instructor the day before the exam
- Go to the proctor room at the scheduled time
- Pick up proctor room hours and procedures at LD program front desk
- Meet with your contact instructor to discuss problems
- See Audrey to fill out a schedule with your available time
- We primarily offer Math and English tutoring; some other subjects take
time to locate so plan ahead
- There are many tutoring options available on campus, USE THEM.
- Come prepared to these appointments..
- Call if you can't make it. Be RESPONSIBLE! (Ph: 434-3555)