The District encourages the professional growth of SMC employees. To support on-going professional growth, SMC will waive tuition for SMC classes and, on a first come, first served basis, reimburse the costs of required instructional materials for SMC classified employees. (District-CSEA Bargaining Agreement, Article 11.13)
What is eligible for waiver?
· Tuition for SMC classes.
What is eligible for reimbursement?
· Costs of required instructional materials for SMC classes. Please check the class syllabus and the required course materials listing. Optional materials will not be reimbursed.
Is there a maximum amount that can be reimbursed for required instructional materials?
· No, but there is a limited amount of funds available for reimbursement and available funds are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Also, as stated above, only the cost of required instructional materials, as designated in the syllabus and/or required course material list for the class, will be reimbursed. Optional materials will not be reimbursed.
Who is eligible for reimbursement?
· Any employee represented by CSEA.
How do I get tuition waived?
How do I get reimbursed for required instructional materials?
· After your Application for Waiver form is processed by Admissions & Records and returned to you, please purchase the required instructional materials out-of-pocket.
· To be reimbursed for the required instructional materials, please attach the required course-material list and the original bookstore receipt to the Application for Waiver form and immediately send it to the Professional Development Coordinator, H.R. Office, 1900 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405 for processing. (The processing of reimbursement payments should take approximately 10-11 business days.)
Application for Waiver of SMC Class Tuition & Reimbursement of Required Instructional Materials
For additional information or questions, please contact
Office of Human Resources