Why work at Santa Monica College?
Teaching faculty, counselors, librarians, academic administrators.
Classified, confidential, classified management/administrators.
Welcome to Santa Monica College and thank you for checking out the wide variety of career opportunities at one of the most prestigious and exciting community colleges in the nation.
With a strong focus on students and a culture of pride in our academic excellence, we boast an outstanding work force of faculty, administrators and non-teaching employees that numbers approximately 1,800. All our employees, whether in the classroom or not, work collaboratively to ensure that our students not only succeed, but thrive.
We are known for many things: Our No. 1 transfer rate of students to the University of California and other four-year schools; our outstanding academic reputation that has been recognized by Rolling Stone magazine, among others; our international community of students and faculty that comprise one of the most diverse campuses in the world; our location near the beach and the Westside cultural hub; and our distinguished alumni that include such luminaries as
Dustin Hoffman and
And for our employees, we offer:
- Excellent pay and benefits, including outstanding health, dental and vision care plans.
- A dynamic and culturally stimulating work environment.
- The opportunity to be part of a team that is doing important work: educating students.
- An attractive main campus and satellite campuses.
- A workplace that values diversity and creativity.