- SCHOLARSHIP OFFICE HOURS
- Monday -Wednesday
8:30 am- 4:30pm
- Tuesday - Thursday
8:00 am- 5:00pm
8 am- 12:00pm
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
FEBRUARY 1, 2017
PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND SCHOLARSHIP WORKSHOPS
THE SMC FOUNDATION
phone: 310 434-4290
SANTA MONICA COLLEGE FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP CEREMONY:
1738 Pearl Street
The Scholarship Office administers the SMC Foundation's annual Scholarship Program.
Provides a single-application procedure for consideration. Distributes approximately $500,000+ in scholarship funds from the Santa Monica College Foundation (an endowment fund that provides proceeds for about 300 different scholarships), service clubs and local organizations, private individuals, and other off-campus scholarships; provides information about scholarship opportunities from outside sources.
Provides informational workshops and application forms for a variety of non-campus based scholarship sources that supports continuing and transferring SMC students; support services to obtain and fill out applications and to submit any required documents.
Scholarships vary from $250-$2,000 per year, and are awarded as a check issued directly to the student.
Academic Works E-Scholarship via Corsair Connect Link
(see below) & Application system information.
Go to the SMC Foundation Scholarship Application
The new E-Scholarship application system has many features, including the following:
- Students will complete the SMC Scholarship Application on-line through the SMC E-Scholarship system. No paper application will be required.
- Students will be able to submit their personal statement on-line through E-Scholarship.
- Students can list the names and emails of individuals who will be writing the letters of recommendation.
- Those writing recommendation letters will submit letters electronically through the SMC E-Scholarship system.
- Students will be able to see if their recommendation letters have been submitted and if their application is complete—through E-Scholarship.
- Students can check for additional Foundation scholarships through the SMC system that they are potentially eligible to apply for—by submitting additional essays or materials.
What can you do now?
- Start writing your personal scholarship statement.
- Start contacting teachers, counselors, and others about writing a letter of recommendation; all submissions of required materials is the students responsibility.
SMC General Requirements
- Major declared
- 12 Units/2.5 GPA
- At time of application submission must be enrolled in 6 (or more) SMC units/and if awarded
- Good academic standing
- No BA/BS Degree
Quick Links-Outside Scholarship