- SCHOLARSHIP OFFICE HOURS
- Monday through Thursday
8 am- 5pm
8 am- 1pm
The Scholarship Office
WILL BE CLOSED
through to July 31, 2015
and will reopen on
Monday, August 3.
Tuesday, March 17th
SMC FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
SATURDAY, JUNE 13, 2015
1738 Pearl Street
The Scholarship Office administers the SMC Foundation's annual Scholarship Program.
Provides a single-application procedure for consideration. Distributes approximately $500,000+ in scholarship funds from the Santa Monica College Foundation (an endowment fund that provides proceeds for about 300 different scholarships), service clubs and local organizations, private individuals, and other off-campus scholarships; provides information about scholarship opportunities from outside sources.
Provides informational workshops and application forms for a variety of non-campus based scholarship sources that supports continuing and transferring SMC students; support services to obtain and fill out applications and to submit any required documents.
Scholarships vary from $250-$2,000 per year, and are awarded as a check issued directly to the student.
SMC Financial Aid and Scholarships is currently implementing the new Academic Works E-Scholarship Application system.
The new E-Scholarship application system has many features, including the following:
· Students will complete the SMC Scholarship Application on-line through the SMC E-Scholarship system. No paper application will be required.
· Students will be able to submit their personal statement on-line through E-Scholarship.
· Students can list the names and emails of individuals who will be writing the letters of recommendation.
· Those writing recommendation letters will submit letters electronically through the SMC E-Scholarship system.
· Students will be able to see if their recommendation letters have been submitted and if their application is complete—through E-Scholarship.
· Students can check for additional Foundation scholarships through the SMC system that they are potentially eligible to apply for—by submitting additional essays or materials.
What can you do now?
· Start writing your personal scholarship statement.
· Start contacting teachers, counselors, and others about writing a letter of recommendation; all submissions of required materials is the students responsibility.
SCHOLARSHIP BOOK 2014-2015.pdf
- 12 Units/2.5 GPA
- At time of application submission must be enrolled in 6 (or more) SMC units/and if awarded
- Good academic standing
- No BA/BS Degree
Outside Scholarship Links