- International Students are required to take a minimum of 12 units during the semester to maintain F-1 status.
- Tuition, fees, and health Insurance fees are subject to change without notice.
- All new F-1 students will pay a mandatory insurance surcharge to cover the seminar and pre-enrollment period before their first term begins.
Summer 2018 - Spring 2019
|Non-Resident Tuition||$370/unit ||$8,880|
|SMC Health Fee||$19 per semester; $16 per session||$38|
|Associated Student Fee||$19.50 per semester/session||$39|
|ID Card||$13 per semester/session||$26|
|Health Insurance (mandatory)||$702 for one semester and one session plus $234 initial insurance fee, first semester only.||$1,404|
For detailed fee information, visit Tuition & Fees for SMC International Students .
Intensive English Program
Summer: $1,600 |
|Associated Student - Includes Big Blue Bus (per semester/session)||$19.50|
|ID Card (per semester/session)||$13|
|Health Insurance (mandatory)||$702 for one semester and one session plus $234 initial insurance fee, first semester only.|
|Living Expenses||$1,279 (based on home stay with 2 meals per day||$11,512|
|Books and Supplies||$873 per semester||$1,746 (2 semesters)|
Estimated Total Expenses for Summer 2018 to Summer 2019: $28,000
Academic year required on bank statement for SMC Admission
Estimated Dependent Expenses
- Adult Dependent: $13,000 (based on 9 months)
- Child: $11,320 (based on 9 months)
*Students with free room and board in the Santa Monica area may deduct $6,894 from the total expenses.
Wire Transfer InformationIf you choose to wire transfer money to SMC, here are the instructions.
Wire transfer only accepted for:
- SMC Tuition and School Fees (health and activity)
- SMC Insurance
- Application fee or Seminar fee
Do not wire transfer money to SMC for your tuition and fees until you have been accepted to SMC and receive your I-20 and have secured an F-1 Visa.
You will need to include additional funds for every wire transfer to cover the cost of federal wire system and SWIFT Network charges
Government, Not-For-Profit & Healthcare Banking
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Credit to: Santa Monica College
Account #: 569288751
Fed Wire #: 0210000-21
Swift Network #: CHASUS33
Include the Student’s Name & Passport Number & Application Identification Number (Application ID#).
Incoming wires are subject to Federal Wire System charges of $18.00 or SWIFT network charges of $19.00. Charges may change without prior notice.