International Graduation/Transfer Dinner
Each spring, Santa Monica College International Education Center hosts the International Student Graduation/Transfer Dinner for F-1 students who are graduating or transferring in 2010/11. This year's event is scheduled for Wednesday, June 1 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the SMC Pavilion.
Students will receive an invitation in the mail and must return the R.S.V.P. card to be on the guest list. Students may invite one friend for free. Each additional guest is $12.00 (cash only, no refunds). In addition, each graduating or transferring student is also offered the opportunity to nominate an "Outstanding Professor." All nominated Outstanding Professors will be invited by International Education to attend.
This is a great opportunity for students to enjoy a sumptuous buffet dinner, music, and entertainment, and together celebrate their time at Santa Monica College. Students will also have the opportunity to individually greet President Tsang and have their photo taken with him.
In addition, Admissions and Records and the Alumni Association will be present at the dinner if you have any questions about the 81st annual Commencement Ceremony and/or on how to continue your ties to the College as an SMC alumni. RSVP'ing for the International Graduation/Transfer Dinner is NOT the same process as RSVP'ing for the Commencement Ceremony held on June 14, 2011. If you plan to graduate this spring, do not forget to submit your petition for the AA degree, Transfer AA degree, Career and Department Certificates by the April 30 deadline. Forms and information can be found on the Admissions' website. Click on Graduation for more information.
Campus Graduation and Ceremony Information
Santa Monica College will be hosting its 81st annual Commencement Ceremony on Tuesday, June 14, 2011, 6:00 p.m. at the Corsair Field (football stadium) on the Santa Monica College campus. This event is an annual tradition to honor our graduating students for degrees and certificates earned during the academic year. After the Commencement Ceremony, graduates and their families are invited to attend a reception with light refreshments. This is a great opportunity to take pictures and connect with family and friends.
- Complete your Petition for Spring Graduation form by April 30, 2011 with Admissions and Records. (If your petition is approved, you will receive a packet of information in May. If you do not receive your packet, request in person at Admissions and Records.
- R.S.V.P. by Monday, May 16, 2011 with the IEC to attend the International Graduation/Transfer Dinner. If you have not received an invitation, stop by the IEC for an invitation and R.S.V.P. card.
- R.S.V.P. by June 6, 2011 with Admissions and Records to participate in the Commencement Ceremony
- Attend the mandatory rehearsal on the morning of Tuesday, June 14 at 11:00 a.m. at the Corsair Field
- Attend Commencement on Tuesday, June 14 at the Corsair Field.