What is the Financial Aid Census Day? And why is it important?
Financial Aid Census Dates
Financial Aid Census Dates are the days that SMC will take a snapshot of your enrollment for the semester.
Please check the Deadlines Page to view the Census Dates for each semester.
2016-2017 Financial Aid Census Dates
- FALL 2016: November 1, 2016
- SPRING 2017: April 25, 2017
2017-2018 Financial Aid Census Dates
- FALL 2017: TBD
- SPRING 2018: TBD
Key Financial Aid Census Notes
- Since your enrollment level (full time, 3/4 time, 1/2 time, or less than halftime) determines your grant eligibility for the term, this enrollment snapshot will determine what your actual grant payment will be.
- In addition, if you drop below half time by FA Census Day and already received a payment at the full time, 3/4 time, or 1/2 time level you will be considered to have been overpaid and will need to return funds to SMC.
- If you add classes after the FA Census Day. They will not be counted for grant payment purposes.
- If you drop classes after the FA Census Day (as long as you do not drop all classes). You will not owe any money back to SMC. However, if you drop too many classes it could affect your Satisfactory Academic Progress status by lowering your completion rate.