Welcome to the Santa Monica College Financial Aid Orientation! Please take the time to go over this brief orientation—so that you can learn ESSENTIAL information about your 2014-15 Financial Aid Award.
Through this on-line orientation you will get important information about the following questions:
- What does the Award on my Financial Aid portal tell me?
- What are the differences between a grant, a work study job, and a loan?
- Do I get all of the money on the award letter?
- What are the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements for me?
- When do I get my money on my Financial Aid portal?
- What if I drop all of my classes? (Return of Title IV funds!)
- What happens if I drop classes after I receive my financial aid checks – but do not drop all of my classes?
- How do I get a Work Study Job?
- What about loans?
- What is the Financial Aid Census Date? And why is that important?
Continue on to Section 2...