Out-of-State Students Information
Thank you for your interest in Santa Monica College. We enroll students from across the country. As you know, we are the number one transfer college in California, and we are an excellent place to begin your education. We have an outstanding educational program, wonderful professors, and a wide variety of classes. Internships, job opportunities, and career counseling are available for all students.
Please click on the following for more information:
Follow this out-of-state student timeline so you can meet all deadlines.
- Apply online
- Complete the FAFSA financial aid application. The Santa Monica College school code for the FAFSA is 001286.
- If you are applying for financial aid, please contact Assistant Director Stacy Neal at email@example.com or 310-434-4343.
- Complete SMC supplemental financial aid forms
- If you already have college transcripts, then FAX them to our office at 310-434-3634 and we can apply the appropriate English and math waivers. Please call 310-434-4189 to be connected with an outreach counselor who can assist you with transcript evaluation and course selection.
- Go to your local community college and take the placement tests in English and mathematics. To find a location near your home, please click here.
- FAX your test results to the Outreach Office at 310-434-3634. Be sure to put your name and student ID number (found on your signature page) on the test results.
- Attend a National College Fair in your area.
- Review the SMC schedule of classes.
- Select your classes. Please contact an Outreach Counselor for assistance.
- Pay for your classes. You may pay online, with a credit card, or mail a check. For more information, please click here.
- Arrange for your high school transcript to be sent to the Admissions Office. Also, if you have other college transcripts, then send those, too.
- Pack for college.
- Say goodbye to your friends and family.
- Become familiar with Santa Monica and the Los Angeles area through the web
- Move to California.
- Attend Out-of-State Student Orientation (details to come)
Office of Outreach and Recruitment