How to Order an Enrollment Verification
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- For Summer Pell Grant purposes, the Financial Aid Office base disbursements on their standard criteria for full time, 3/4 time, and 1/2 time for the regular Fall and Spring semesters.
- Enrollment verifications may NOT be requested until after the first day of the semester.
- We may only verify one previous semester of enrollment.
- We cannot give grades as part of Enrollment Verification. Please request an official transcript instead.
- To qualify for a LOAN DEFERMENT your enrollment status must be at least 1/2 time.
- We do not email or fax enrollment verification letters.
- Enrollment Status is determined as follows:
|Full Time= 12 or more units
||Full Time= 6 or more units
||Full Time= 4 or more units|
|3/4 Time= 9-11 units
||3/4 Time= 4-5 units
||3/4 Time= 3 units|
|1/2 Time= 6-8 units
||1/2 Time= 3 units
||1/2 Time= 2 units|
|Part Time= 1-5 units
||Part Time= 1-2 units
||Part Time= 1 unit|
There are two ways to order an Enrollment Verification at Santa Monica College:
Option 1: Order in Person
- In general, students who need verification of
their enrollment have a specific need for an official signature and
school seal. That can only be obtained by going to the SMC Admissions
office in person.
- Enrollment Verifications can be ordered in person, during regular office hours,
in the Office of Admissions and Records, located at 1900 Pico Blvd.,
Santa Monica, CA 90405. If you would like to fill out the request form in advance and bring it in, please also remember that the student must be the one dropping off the request.
- Note: The student must be present and their photo identification is required to order Enrollment Verifications in person.
- In-person orders take significantly longer to process. In person
orders for Enrollment Verifications can be mailed or picked up and
processed within approximately 2 weeks after receipt of signature
ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION POLICIES
Enrollment Verification orders will NOT be processed until all outstanding debts and/or holds are cleared.
Student must be present and picture I.D. is required to order and pick up Enrollment Verifications in person.
NOTE: Enrollment Verifications are held for pick-up for a
maximum of 60 days. If they are not picked up within the 60 days they
will be destroyed and will not be refunded. A new order and applicable
fee will be required.
- Enrollment Verifications
cost $3.00 each. A minimal service fee will be added in addition to the
aforementioned College fees for internet orders.
- LOAN DEFERMENTS, UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIM FORMS and HOUSING VERIFICATIONS are free.
Questions about Enrollment Verifications ordered 4 or more weeks earlier can be addressed to (310) 434-3704.
Option 2: Internet Request (THIRD PARTY REQUEST)
- Note: Internet ordering accommodates two types
of requests: DEGREE VERIFICATIONS (for third party requests) and
- Enrollment Verification online request form: Please note that
verifications made online through "National Student Clearinghouse" are
designed primarily to meet the needs of third-party inquirers. From the
National Student Clearinghouse system, the student will only receive an
email confirmation of their enrollment which is similar to the
information that they can print themselves from "Corsair Connect"
(formerly known as the Student Self Service System). The email
confirmation is NOT on college letterhead or contains the college seal,
which some companies require.
- Santa Monica College has authorized the National Student
Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. The
National Clearinghouse can be reached at:
MAIL: National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Blvd., Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
- If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting this information please visit www.studentclearinghouse.org
- Online requests are taken 24 hours per day, 365 days per year for a
minimal service charge. Requesting Enrollment Verifications through the
National Student Clearinghouse will:
- Eliminate the need to come to SMC to place your order.
- Eliminate the delay created by submitting requests by mail.
- Authorize and process your credit card payment.
- Facilitate the authorization to release student records, as required by law.
- Allow you to submit your request any time day or night.