The following programs require a different application procedure. Click the appropriate link below for more information:
- International Education Center: For students planning to attend SMC while on an F-1 visa.
- Emeritus College: Classes are held in a variety of locations primarily for seniors. Contact the Emeritus College for a schedule of course offerings and admission information.
- Community and Continuing Education: These are short-term, low cost, not-for-credit classes. Some classes are open to students under 18 with permission from the instructor. Check out the variety of course offerings!
- High School Concurrent Enrollment Program: This program allows currently enrolled high school students to take up to 6 units (or 2 classes) at SMC concurrently with their high school coursework. High School students must apply online using the link below in addition to filling out the high school concurrent enrollment form.
All other applicants, please...
Applications are now being accepted for:
- Winter/Spring 2015 (admission notification will be sent out beginning early September 2014)
Summer/Fall 2015 (admission notification will be sent out beginning early March 2015)
Winter 2015 Session is in session January 5, 2015 - February 12, 2015
Spring 2015 Semester is in session February 17, 2015 - June 16, 2015
Summer 2015 Session is in session June 22, 2015 - August 14, 2015
Fall 2015 Semester is in session August 31, 2015 - December 22, 2015
PROCESS for DISQUALIFIED STUDENTS:
If you were DISQUALIFIED from a previous college, OR were disqualified from Santa Monica College AND have been away from SMC for two consecutive semesters (one year) or longer, you must complete the 'Disqualified Student Petition for Reinstatement', AFTER completing the SMC Online Application.
Complete the Online SMC Admissions Application. Click on 'Launch Online Application' above to access the Application.Step 2:
Upon completing your SMC Admissions Application, you will receive an email that includes your SMC Student ID number. You will need your ID number to log-in to Corsair Connect. If you are a returning student, your previous ID number will be reactivated in the system.Step 3:
Log-in to Corsair Connect, under ‘SMC Quick Links’ click on ‘DQ Student Petition’. Complete the petition.Step 4:
Once you complete the DQ Petition, a message will appear with any further instructions.Final Step:
Important: If you were disqualified from another college, you will need to fax a copy of your unofficial, or order official transcripts, from ALL colleges you've attended. The process for petitioning for reinstatement will NOT be complete unless you fax or send your transcripts. Once your previous
college transcripts are received by SMC, an SMC counselor will review your DQ
Petition and email you a response to your SMC email account via Corsair
to: The SMC Counseling Department, ATTN: Readmission Committee
are required to send an official copy of your transcripts once you are admitted
to SMC. Transcripts must be mailed directly (transcripts issued to you,
even if in a sealed envelope, will be considered “unofficial”) from your prior
to: Santa Monica College, ATTN: Admissions, 1900 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica,