Buy a Dell, Get a Tablet Offer
Until the end of September, Dell is offering their Buy a Dell, Get a Tablet Back to School offer for students, staff, faculty, family, and friends. See flyer attached to this announcement for details.
To view offer and details, please visit: www.dell.com/dellu/smc
or you may also view the PDF flyer attachment below for more details.
For a limited time Santa Monica College employees are eligible for the latest Verizon promotion
- FiOS TV Prime HD, FiOS Quantum Internet 25/25 Mbps & Phone all for $79.99
- No Annual Contract 2-year price guarantee
- Get a $250 Visa prepaid card if you sign a 2-year agreement
LIMITED TIME OFFER
- Get a $400 Visa prepaid card if you sign a 2-year agreement, Ends 8/10/14
Sign up to join Verizon Connections for exclusive
Santa Monica College employees are eligible for a limited time Sprint promotion! Offer includes:
• $100 Visa Prepaid Card
• 18% discount for employees*
*Through Sprint Discount Program for employees of CA Higher Education.
Register to view additional promotions for CA Higher Education employees. Find corporate ID code for registration in flyer.
Santa Monica College employees, associates, students, retirees, or alumnus, may now take advantage of up to 20%discounts at all of our participating brands. The program can be used as follows:
- Business and Leisure travel
- Offered throughout the year, excluding specific hotel black-outs
- Designed for individual travel and and is not applicable to group travel (see attached document for more details).
- Must be booked via the prescribed channels and cannot be booked via GDS or third party online booking tools.
Book your stay!
Dial (800) 525-5501 or go online at: http://www.wyndhamhotelgroup.com/?corporateid=1000007780&affilid=00771.
Give your corporate ID and Affiliate ID Numbers at time of booking to receive your discount.
Corporate ID Number:1000007780
Affiliate ID Number: 007771
Santa Monica College faculty and staff can now benefit from the T-Mobile Advantage program and receive benefits like:
- 15% off monthly plans
- no annual service contract
- unlimited plans with no overage
- Device upgrades anytime with JUMP!
Call Advantage Direct at 1-866-464-8662 and use promo code 23100TMOFAV
|4/17/2014|Fiscal Year End is around the corner and we would like to remind you of some important dates and provide answers to some frequently asked questions. For more information, please visit us at www.smc.edu/purchasing or contact us at x4304.
April 30, 2014 General Fund requisitions received after this date will not be processed.
May 14, 2014 Restricted Fund requisitions received after this date will not be processed.
All approved Change Order requests are due in Fiscal Services. Change order requisitions received after this date will not be processed
June 13, 2014 Supplies and equipment that have been ordered using funds in FY 2013-2014, but not received and invoiced prior to this date will be charged to your Fiscal year 2014-2015 budget.
July 2, 2014 All invoices for recurring service agreements are due in Accounts Payable. Please request that the supplier send your June invoice by June 25, 2014.
When can I start submitting my FY ‘14-15 requisitions?
Submit the requisitions you need for orders that need to be placed beginning July 1st. If you don’t begin ordering office supplies until August or September, submit your requisitions in early August or September. Please remember that this is the busiest time of year for us and not everyone needs to begin ordering July 1st.
When is the last day to order office supplies?
June 10th; your Blanket Purchase Order is valid until that date. Some items may be on backorder, so don’t wait until the last minute. Items not received before the invoice cut-off date, will not be paid in this fiscal year. Please plan ahead if you need to order anything that you need through August.
Who can I call to get a status of my requisition?
All requisitions for FY 14-15 will be released July 1st. Please allow 1-2 weeks from the release date to contact the assigned commodity Buyer to obtain a status of your requisition. If you are not familiar with which Buyer handles what commodity, please visit our website to view our Buyer Assignments
How do I know if my order has been received?
Please contact your commodity Buyer on your standard order. If you have placed an order on a Blanket Purchase order, please contact the Warehouse.
Where can I get more information on how to fill out my requisition or how to order?Please visit our Faculty and Staff Resources page on our website at www.smc.edu/staffresources. If you have additional questions, please contact us directly at x4304.
Please do not send a copy of last year’s Purchase Order attached to the Purchase Requisition. You may reference last year’s PO#, but we do not need a hard copy.
You can prepare one requisition with multiple Blanket Orders- we do not need one Requisition for each different supplier. Simply add the supplier name and account string information on each line item description or indicate in the notes section.
Depending on the commodity, some items normally have a long lead time (i.e. furniture, specialty items). Please contact your Buyer ahead of time to back schedule your orders.
Quarterly reports are available to assist you with your budgeting and tracking. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to request a report.
If you are having any issues with a supplier’s performance, please notify the buyer to assist you.
A BPO (Blanket Purchase Order) is a contract document issued to a supplier to order stocked items over the course of a fiscal year. A BPO should have at minimum, one transaction per month.
Santa Monica College staff, faculty, and students are now eligible for discounts at Valvoline Instant Oil Change centers, including:
$10 off a conventional oil
$12 off a synthetic blend oil
$15 off a full synthetic oil change
An additional 15% off on additional services (any service besides an oil change)
Attached are store listings and posted prices. Please keep in mind that the posted prices do not reflect the mentioned discounts!
An Amazing FiOS Deal for Employees
Verizon Connections is an exclusive program for employees providing discounts up to $10 off per month on FiOS and High Speed Internet service bundles for the home. Employees ordering through the Verizon Connections website receive exclusive offers not available to the general public!
Ordering New service bundles through the Verizon Connections website provides:
· Exclusive employee discount of up to $10 per month
· Additional online order discount
· Plus access to current promotions for new customers!
Orders placed by phone or any other method do not qualify for this offer.
Existing customers may be eligible to receive an employee discount of up to $10 per month on bundles ordered after January 17, 2010. Bundles ordered prior to this date may require upgrade to qualify. Go to verizon.com/connections to see if your bundle qualifies!
Signing Up Is Easy
• You will receive a confirmation email from Verizon Connections. Click the embedded link to order new service or add your discount.
In order to help you plan and facilitate a smooth completion of the current fiscal year, please forward any remaining Purchase Requisitions for Fiscal Year 2013-2014 to the appropriate Accountant in Fiscal Services assigned to support your program/location for equipment, services or supplies as follows: (Note: the "PeopleSoft" financial system operated by the Los Angeles County Office of Education, does not allow for any exceptions to theses timelines.
April 4, 2014
· All Fiscal Year 2013-2014 approved Purchase Requisitions that require formal bids (i.e., projects, goods, services and/or equipment have an individual or combined value of $84,099.00) are due in Fiscal Services.
April 30, 2014
· Approved GENERAL FUND Purchase Requisitions under $84,099.00 are due in Fiscal Services.
May 14, 2014
· Approved RESTRICTED Fund Purchase Requisitions under $83,399.00 are due in Fiscal Services.
· All approved Change Order requests for services and commodities must be received in Fiscal Services. Change order requests received after this date WILL NOT be processed.
· Requisitions for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 can be submitted to Fiscal Services.
No Purchase Requisitions for Fiscal Year 2013-2014 received after these dates will be processed.
May 30, 2014
· Orders placed against current Blanket orders should not be placed with the supplier after this date (unless delivery can be assured by June 10, 2014) SMC Warehouse cannot receive any deliveries for these items after this date.
June 13, 2014
· Supplies and equipment that has been ordered using funds in FY 2013-2014, but not received and invoiced prior to this date will be charged to your Fiscal year 2014-2015 budget.
July 2, 2014
· All invoices for recurring service agreements are due in Accounts Payable. Please request that the supplier send your June invoice by June 25, 2014.
Blanket Purchase Order(s) for Fiscal Year 2013-2014
- The BPO is written for a specific period of time and/or a “not to exceed total dollar amount,” (i.e., Six months or $2,000.00), whichever comes first. Under no circumstances will the “Blanket Purchase Order/Number” be used beyond one of those conditions. You will be responsible to monitor the expiration of these conditions. Equipment Purchases (items exceeding $250.00 are expressly prohibited).
- It is the responsibility of the individual(s), as authorized on the “BPO,” to provide the supplier with the correct “BPO/Number” when a transaction takes place. The names of those authorized to use the “BPO/Number” is listed on the document.
Please instruct the supplier that all deliveries and/or Will Call orders against this BPO must be accompanied by a delivery/packing slip that must contain at minimum:
- Contractor/Supplier Name
- BPO Number,
- Date of Purchase
- Qty, Unit Price and Extended Price of each item
- Date of Shipment
- Federal Tax I.D., Number.
Invoices may be submitted by USPS to:
Santa Monica College Attn: Accounts Payable
1900 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica California 90405-1628
Or by email: Accountspayable@smc.edu
If there are concerns, difficulties, or questions, please contact the Buyer listed on the BPO as shown on the Purchase Order Header Diagram, # 3 (See diagram on our Billing & Payment page) .
Santa Monica College establishes a new “Blanket Purchase Order” every Fiscal Year, beginning July 1st - June 10th of the following year. Suppliers doing business with the college should follow the guidelines provided in the attached letter.
If there are concerns, difficulties, or questions, please contact the Buyer listed on the Blanket Purchase Order. You may also obtain more information under the Supplier Resources page at: www.smc.edu/suppliers
, your resource on how to do business with Santa Monica College.
Dell’s Member Purchase Program allows Santa Monica Community College employees to receive member only pricing on all personal PCs from Dell, including:
Up to 30% OFF list prices for select configurations
Members receive additional savings on select* electronics and accessories!
Monthly coupons for Members Only
NEW! Dell advantage loyalty program- enroll at no cost to receive an additional 5% eGift card and free 2nd business day shipping on personal purchases.
*Offer does not apply to the following products categories: Printers and Ink, Gaming, Batteries and Power. Additional savings apply to select other offers.
Members can shop online at www.dell.com/mpp
or can call 888-243-9964 to speak with a sales representative. Be sure to enter or mention Member ID US126417303.
All employees of Santa Monica College qualify for a discount with Verizon for their personal wireless services. To receive your discount, visit www.verizonwireless.com/getdiscounts and enter your Santa Monica College Email.
- Discounts: Up to 15% off monthly access charge and 25% off accessories
All employees of Santa Monica College qualify for a discount with AT&T for their personal wireless services. To receive your discount, visit: www.att.com/wireless/smcstaff
Listed below is the information required to encumber funds for each contract type:
Facility Use Agreement
Submit a copy of the Facilities Use Agreement Form signed by all parties, to include the appropriate account numbers, and vendor information (Name, Physical Address, and Email Address).
Please provide the total time period (number of days, weeks, or months), the facility will be used by SMC. An exact facility schedule is not required, actual facility use dates can be specified as needed.
If the Facilities Use Agreement has not been completed, please request the service by submitting an approved Purchase Requisition containing the required information.
Board of Trustees approval is Required
- Fully Executed "Independent Consultant" agreements, which shall include an email address, account number, who the consultant reports to and signature from the consultant and the VP of the requesting department. If this is the first time requesting the consultant service, a Vendor Data Record Form shall be completed (please download from the Documents & Forms link).
- If reimbursable expenses are included as a part of the contracting document, please specify a Not-to-exceed dollar amount for the reimbursable items.
- If you require assistance to determine the reimbursable dollar value, please contact Purchasing.
- All Consultant agreements require Board of Trustees approval.
Memorandum of Understanding/Professional Service Agreements
Software License Agreements
Renewals- A completed Purchase Requisition accompanied by the renewal notice.
New Software License Agreements- Submit the supplier proposal outlining the terms of the agreement and start/end dates for the license. All software license agreements must be approved by Information Technology.
Please contact Nyla Cotton via email at Cotton_Nyla@smc.edu
or at Ext. 4495 if you require any additional information.
The Purchasing Department invites you to join our weekly staff meeting, held every Wednesday morning at 11:00 a.m.
We are extending this open invitation to you and your staff, to introduce your department and/or discuss any topics or items submitted to our agenda. Our intention is to offer you the possibility to meet our staff, get information on future projects, and our policies and procedures. Your input and support of issues brought to these meetings will be appreciated and valuable.
If you would like to attend a meeting, please email Cindy Ordaz at email@example.com to coordinate the date you plan to attend. All agenda items must be submitted on the Friday prior to the week you plan to attend.