SANTA MONICA COLLEGE
BLACK FRIDAY IN JULY
Doorbuster deals begin at 11am EST on 7/11!
Save up to 45%
|Internet + Custom TV (65+ channels) + Phone
||Internet + Preferred TV (245+ channels) + Phone
||Internet + Ultimate TV (435+ channels, includes Premium Movie Channels) + Phone|
|for year 1. Year 2, $89.99/mo. with your Verizon Connections online-only discount
||for year 1. Year 2, $109.99/mo. with your Verizon Connections online-only discount
||for year 1. Year 2, $154.99/mo. with your Verizon Connections online-only discount|
Please visit Verizon.com/connections for this exclusive online-only offer for more details. For questions on this offer, please contact: email@example.com or 813-486-6186.
Exclusive Savings on software and more.
Get ready for
Already own Office?
Adobe Creative Cloud For Students
Includes all your
popular Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat
Pro and so much more!
Make quick photo
edits, create movies in minutes, add artistic touches like a pro, or
transform your photos and videos to show your vision.
*Available at participating colleges only
Rosetta Stone Language Software
Life in your new
language starts here. Pick from many
languages and download now.
SPSS Statistics Grad
GradPack's is easy to use and forms the foundation for many types of
HP Stream 11.6" Laptop Student
· HP Stream Laptop
· and more!
Apple iPad 2
with Folio Case (Refurbished)
Two cameras for
FaceTime and HD video recording, the dual-core A5 chip, the same 10-hour
battery life -- all in a thinner, lighter design.
Blanket Purchase Order(s) for Fiscal Year 2015-2016
- The Blanket Puurchase Order or BPO is written for a specific period of time and/or a “not to exceed total dollar amount,” (i.e., Six months or $2,000.00), whichever comes first. Under no circumstances will the "BPO Number" be used beyond one of those conditions. You will be responsible to monitor the expiration of these conditions. Equipment Purchases (items exceeding $250.00 are expressly prohibited).
- It is the responsibility of the individual(s), as authorized on the “BPO,” to provide the supplier with the correct “BPO Number” when a transaction takes place. The names of those authorized to use the “BPO Number” is listed on the document.
Please instruct the supplier that all deliveries and/or Will Call orders against this BPO must be accompanied by a delivery/packing slip that must contain at minimum:
- Contractor/Supplier Name
- BPO Number,
- Date of Purchase
- Qty, Unit Price and Extended Price of each item
- Date of Shipment
- Federal Tax I.D., Number.
Invoices may be submitted by USPS to:
Santa Monica College Attn: Accounts Payable
1900 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica California 90405-1628
Or by email: Accountspayable@smc.edu
If there are concerns, difficulties, or questions, please contact the Buyer listed on the BPO as shown on the Purchase Order Header Diagram, # 3 (See diagram on our Billing & Payment page) .
|3/23/2015|Fiscal Year End is around the corner and we would like to remind you of some helpful tips and provide answers to some frequently asked questions. For more information, please visit us at www.smc.edu/purchasing or contact us at x4304.
When can I start submitting my FY ‘15-16 requisitions?
Submit the requisitions you need after May 14, 2015 for orders that need to be placed beginning July 1st. If you don’t need to order until August or September, submit your requisitions in early August or September. Please remember that this is the busiest time of year for us and not everyone needs to begin ordering July 1st.
When is the last day to order office supplies?
June 10th; your Blanket Purchase Order is valid until that date. Some items may be on backorder, so don’t wait until the last minute. Items not received before the invoice deadline, will not be paid in this fiscal year. Please plan ahead if you need to order anything that you need through August.
Who can I call to get a status of my requisition?
All requisitions for FY 15-16 will be released July 1st. Please allow 1-2 weeks from the release date to contact the assigned commodity Buyer to obtain a status of your requisition. If you are not familiar with which Buyer handles what commodity, please visit our website to view our Buyer Assignments at www.smc.edu/purchasing
How do I know if my order has been received?
Please contact your commodity Buyer on your standard orders. If you have placed an order on a Blanket Purchase order, please contact the Warehouse.
Where can I get more information on how to fill out my requisition or how to order?
Please do not send a copy of last year’s Purchase Order attached to the Purchase Requisition. You may reference last year’s PO#, but we do not need a hard copy.
An electronic copy of the Purchase Order will be emailed to the Requestor and approving Manager/V.P. on the Purchase Requisition. If you need additional staff emailed, please indicate and add their name in the Notes/Comments section of the requisition.
You can prepare one requisition with multiple Blanket Orders- we do not need one Requisition for each different supplier. Simply add the supplier name and account string information on each line item description or indicate in the notes section.
Always visit our website to ensure you have the most recent announcements, updates and forms.
Depending on the commodity, some items normally have a long lead time (i.e. furniture, specialty items). Please contact your Buyer ahead of time to back schedule your orders.
If you are having any issues with a supplier’s performance, please notify the buyer to assist you.
A BPO (Blanket Purchase Order) is a contract document issued to a supplier to order stocked items over the course of a fiscal year. A BPO should have at minimum, one transaction per month. All other orders will be issued as standard purchase orders.
- To avoid delays in processing your Purchase Requisitions, please make sure your font is 9 pt., or larger. If you require more room for a description, please use the Standard Comments/Notes section or the additional Notes section on the second page. If you still need more room, please attach the information to your Purchase Requisition or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference your Requisition number.
Fiscal Year End 2014-2015 Closing Schedule
In order to help you plan and facilitate a smooth completion of the current fiscal year, please forward any remaining purchase requisitions for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 to the appropriate Accountant in Fiscal Services assigned to support your program/location for equipment, services or supplies as follows:
(Note: the "PeopleSoft" financial system operated by the Los Angeles County Office of Education, does not allow for any exceptions to theses timelines.
April 3, 2015
|FORMAL BIDS - all approved purchase requisitions for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 that require formal bids (i.e., projects, goods, services and/or equipment that have an individual or combined value of $86,000) are due in Fiscal Services.|
|May 1, 2015
||GENERAL FUND -approved Purchase Requisitions under $85,999.00 are due in Fiscal Services.|
|May 14, 2015
||All approved Purchase Requisitions under $85,999.00 are due in Fiscal Services for:|
||CHANGE ORDERS* – all requests for services and commodities. Change order requests received after this date will not be processed.|
||FY 2015-2016 REQUISITIONS can be submitted to Fiscal Services.|
* No Purchase Requisitions for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 received after this day will be processed.
|May 29, 2015
||BLANKET ORDERS - Orders placed against current blanket orders should not be placed with the supplier after this date (unless delivery can be assured by June 10, 2015). SMC Warehouse cannot receive any deliveries for these items after this date.|
|June 10, 2015
||RECEIVING - Supplies and equipment that has been ordered using funds in FY 2014-2015, but not received and invoiced prior to this date will be charged to your Fiscal year 2015-2016 budget.|
|July 1, 2015
||INVOICES - All invoices for recurring service agreements are due in Accounts Payable. Please request that the supplier send your June invoice by June 26, 2015.|
To view as a PDF, cl
Dell is featuring the Inspiron 20 ALL-IN-ONE desktop for only $274 and a Logitech mouse and keyboard combo for only $81!
You can access these deals at your Dell URL www.dell.com/dellu/smc or by calling 1-800-695-8133 and referencing your member ID US126417303.
You can also view the Dell flyer by opening the pdf file under the attachements section. The flyer is also available in our Forms & Documents webpage.
Santa Monica College employees, associates, students, retirees, or alumnus, may now take advantage of up to 20%discounts at all of our participating brands. The program can be used as follows:
- Business and Leisure travel
- Offered throughout the year, excluding specific hotel black-outs
- Designed for individual travel and and is not applicable to group travel (see attached document for more details).
- Must be booked via the prescribed channels and cannot be booked via GDS or third party online booking tools.
Book your stay!
Dial (800) 525-5501 or go online at: http://www.wyndhamhotelgroup.com/?corporateid=1000007780&affilid=00771.
Give your corporate ID and Affiliate ID Numbers at time of booking to receive your discount.
Corporate ID Number:1000007780
Affiliate ID Number: 007771
Santa Monica College faculty and staff can now benefit from the T-Mobile Advantage program and receive benefits like:
- 15% off monthly plans
- no annual service contract
- unlimited plans with no overage
- Device upgrades anytime with JUMP!
Call Advantage Direct at 1-866-464-8662 and use promo code 23100TMOFAV
Santa Monica College staff, faculty, and students are now eligible for discounts at Valvoline Instant Oil Change centers, including:
$10 off a conventional oil
$12 off a synthetic blend oil
$15 off a full synthetic oil change
An additional 15% off on additional services (any service besides an oil change)
Attached are store listings and posted prices. Please keep in mind that the posted prices do not reflect the mentioned discounts!
In order to help you plan and facilitate a smooth completion of the current fiscal year, please forward any remaining Purchase Requisitions for Fiscal Year 2013-2014 to the appropriate Accountant in Fiscal Services assigned to support your program/location for equipment, services or supplies as follows: (Note: the "PeopleSoft" financial system operated by the Los Angeles County Office of Education, does not allow for any exceptions to theses timelines.
April 4, 2014
· All Fiscal Year 2013-2014 approved Purchase Requisitions that require formal bids (i.e., projects, goods, services and/or equipment have an individual or combined value of $84,099.00) are due in Fiscal Services.
April 30, 2014
· Approved GENERAL FUND Purchase Requisitions under $84,099.00 are due in Fiscal Services.
May 14, 2014
· Approved RESTRICTED Fund Purchase Requisitions under $83,399.00 are due in Fiscal Services.
· All approved Change Order requests for services and commodities must be received in Fiscal Services. Change order requests received after this date WILL NOT be processed.
· Requisitions for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 can be submitted to Fiscal Services.
No Purchase Requisitions for Fiscal Year 2013-2014 received after these dates will be processed.
May 30, 2014
· Orders placed against current Blanket orders should not be placed with the supplier after this date (unless delivery can be assured by June 10, 2014) SMC Warehouse cannot receive any deliveries for these items after this date.
June 13, 2014
· Supplies and equipment that has been ordered using funds in FY 2013-2014, but not received and invoiced prior to this date will be charged to your Fiscal year 2014-2015 budget.
July 2, 2014
· All invoices for recurring service agreements are due in Accounts Payable. Please request that the supplier send your June invoice by June 25, 2014.
Santa Monica College establishes a new “Blanket Purchase Order” every Fiscal Year, beginning July 1st - June 10th of the following year. Suppliers doing business with the college should follow the guidelines provided in the attached letter.
If there are concerns, difficulties, or questions, please contact the Buyer listed on the Blanket Purchase Order. You may also obtain more information under the Supplier Resources page at: www.smc.edu/suppliers
, your resource on how to do business with Santa Monica College.
Dell’s Member Purchase Program allows Santa Monica Community College employees to receive member only pricing on all personal PCs from Dell, including:
Up to 30% OFF list prices for select configurations
Members receive additional savings on select* electronics and accessories!
Monthly coupons for Members Only
NEW! Dell advantage loyalty program- enroll at no cost to receive an additional 5% eGift card and free 2nd business day shipping on personal purchases.
*Offer does not apply to the following products categories: Printers and Ink, Gaming, Batteries and Power. Additional savings apply to select other offers.
Members can shop online at www.dell.com/mpp
or can call 888-243-9964 to speak with a sales representative. Be sure to enter or mention Member ID US126417303.
All employees of Santa Monica College qualify for a discount with Verizon for their personal wireless services. To receive your discount, visit www.verizonwireless.com/getdiscounts and enter your Santa Monica College Email.
- Discounts: Up to 15% off monthly access charge and 25% off accessories
All employees of Santa Monica College qualify for a discount with AT&T for their personal wireless services. To receive your discount, visit: www.att.com/wireless/smcstaff
The Purchasing Department invites you to join our weekly staff meeting, held every Wednesday morning at 11:00 a.m.
We are extending this open invitation to you and your staff, to introduce your department and/or discuss any topics or items submitted to our agenda. Our intention is to offer you the possibility to meet our staff, get information on future projects, and our policies and procedures. Your input and support of issues brought to these meetings will be appreciated and valuable.
If you would like to attend a meeting, please email Cindy Ordaz at email@example.com to coordinate the date you plan to attend. All agenda items must be submitted on the Friday prior to the week you plan to attend.