Santa Monica College Medical Laboratory Technician Student Health Requirements
All MLT students must send official copies of transcripts from all colleges previously attended to (1) the Santa Monica College Admissions Office and (2) the Santa Monica College Life Science department. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the college to the SMC Admissions Office (hand-carried sealed envelopes will not be accepted).
To be compliant with clinical facility requirements, MLT students must complete the following health requirements prior to MLT 10.
A mandatory criminal background check and drug screening.
Immunization verification. All applicants must provide a copy of written documentation from a physician for:
· Proof of Varicella (Chicken Pox) immunity.
· A complete (3 injection series) Hepatitis B vaccination or a serum titer confirming immunity.
· Proof of Measles vaccination (may be part of a MMR) or serum titer confirming immunity.
· Proof of Mumps vaccination (may be part of a MMR) or serum titer confirming immunity.
· Proof of Rubella vaccination (may be part of a MMR) or serum titer confirming immunity.
· Proof of Tetanus-Diptheria-Pertussis vaccination within the last 10 years.
Proof of current CPR for Health Care Workers certification.
Proof of TB Skin Test/Chest X-Ray Clearance for the MLT program.
*All of the above requirements must be completed prior to MLT 10 Clinical Practicum*