**Attention: Prospective Nursing Students**
Effective Fall 2014, the Santa Monica College nursing
program will utilize a Multi-Criteria
Screening Process for applications to the Generic ADN program. Applications for Spring 2015 will be taken
during the Fall 2014 semester in October. A link to
the Multi-Criteria Screening PDF is below.
Please click on the
link: Multi-Criteria Screening PDF
Please click on the link: Supporting Documentation Form
APPLICATION ACCEPTANCE DATES:
Applications for admission to the nursing program are taken in March and October. Appointments are made in September for the October application period, and in February for the March application period. Review instructions below if you are ready to apply.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY TO SMC NURSING PROGRAM
PREPARATION FOR YOUR APPLICATION APPOINTMENT
Once you schedule your application appointment:
All Application Workshops take place at the Bundy Campus 3171 S. Bundy Drive Los Angeles 90066 (corner of Bundy and Airport Drive at the Santa Monica Airport), 3rd Floor, Room 318. FREE Temporary Parking Passes (for those who do not have an SMC parking decal) are available in the Health Sciences Lobby. Please arrive early and request a parking pass prior to your appointment time.
You must arrive on-time for your session. If you arrive after the session begins, you will not be permitted to join the session. (For example, if the session is scheduled for 10:00am, the session will begin promptly at 10:10a, allowing for a 10-minute grace period). If you find you will not make it on time, you will need to schedule another available session via Corsair Connect.
If you are an international student, you must bring documentation of your VISA status to the application session.
You must bring unofficial transcripts, from ALL colleges attended (including Santa Monica College), in order to apply. If you are missing any of your transcripts, your file will be incomplete and will not be accepted. Official transcripts are those sent directly from your institution(s) to Santa Monica College Admissions. Unofficial Transcripts are originals or photocopies of previously sealed official transcripts which are hand-carried to the application session. Instructions on how to send official transcripts, AFTER application, will be discussed at your appointment.
At the time of application, students who have completed coursework in another country must submit an evaluated foreign transcript. The transcript must be evaluated by an approved credential evaluation agency. Please see a counselor or refer to the SMC catalog for the proper report to request and a list of approved credential evaluation agencies.
- You must bring all supporting documentation (if applicable) as detailed in the Multi-Criteria Screening PDF.
- Available admission spaces for the Spring 2015 semester will be filled by students with the highest number of points. A lottery will be used or in progress courses may be considered in the event of a tie in points between candidates.
- If you are selected for admission, you will be notified via the email address and mailing address identified on your application. (Notification* occurs for fall applicants by the end of November and for spring applicants by the end of April).
- Applicants not selected for entry are encouraged to re-apply during the next application period.
- WE NO LONGER MAINTAIN A WAITING LIST
*Please note: At the time of admission to the Nursing program, students must submit...
- proof of eligibility to study in the United States and have current authorization to study at SMC
as identified on the student's I-20. See F-1 regulations on the SMC International Student Center website
for further clarification.
- official transcripts from all colleges attended including transcripts reflecting any
coursework completed since the date of application.