**Attention: Prospective Nursing Students**
The Santa Monica College nursing
program utilizes a Multi-Criteria
Screening Process for applications to the Generic ADN program. Applications sessions for Fall 2016 consideration will begin the Spring 2016 semester. A link to
the Multi-Criteria Screening PDF is below.
Please click on the
link: Multi-Criteria Screening PDF
Please click on the link: Supporting Documentation Form
APPLICATION ACCEPTANCE DATES:
Applications for admission to the nursing program are taken each semester. Please review instructions below if you are ready to apply.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY TO SMC NURSING PROGRAM
Make sure you have completed all requirements for admission listed under "Major Preparation"
. All requirements MUST be completed in order to make an application appointment.
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Microbiology courses with online laboratory components will not be approved as equivalent by the SMC Life Sciences Department.
You must have an SMC ID# in order to log in to Corsair Connect. If you have not applied to SMC, or have not attended SMC for 2 consecutive semesters (even if you have an SMC ID#), you must reapply online by going to SMC Admissions
. Please note
: If you are a new student or if you re-applied online, you will be using your SMC ID# and your 6-digit DOB for log-in to Corsair Connect.
The system will then prompt you to change your password and will take you through a series of steps to do so. This process may take 5-10 minutes.
Click on the Enrollment tab on the upper right corner of your page
Click on Counseling Services in the left menu
Click on Nursing Application Workshops
Complete the Checklist of Requirements
Schedule your appointment from the available dates and times listed and be sure to write it down.
Follow the prompts for additional information you need to know prior to your appointment (and see below)
PREPARATION FOR YOUR APPLICATION APPOINTMENT
Once you schedule your application appointment:
- All Application Workshops take place at the Bundy Campus 3171 S. Bundy Drive Los Angeles 90066 (corner of Bundy and Airport Drive at the Santa Monica Airport), 3rd Floor, Room 318. FREE Temporary Parking Passes (for those who do not have an SMC parking decal) are available in the Health Sciences Lobby. Please arrive early and request a parking pass prior to your appointment time.
- You must arrive on-time for your session. If you arrive after the session begins, you will not be permitted to join the session. (For example, if the session is scheduled for 10:00am, the session will begin promptly at 10:10am, allowing for a 10-minute grace period). If you find you will not make it on time, you will need to schedule another available session via Corsair Connect.
- If you are an international student, you must bring documentation of your VISA status to the application session.
You must bring unofficial transcripts, from ALL colleges attended (including Santa Monica College), in order to apply. Unofficial Transcripts are originals or photocopies of previously sealed official transcripts which are hand-carried to the application session. If you print out an unofficial transcript from a student portal, it must contain: student name, name of college or university, course title and number, grade and grade points. If you are missing any of your transcripts, your file will be incomplete and will not be accepted.
- Official transcripts are not required to be on file with SMC Admissions and Records office at the time of application but will be required for admission to the Nursing Program. Please have official transcripts mailed directly from school to school. The address is: Santa Monica College, Admissions and Records, 1900 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405.
Students who have completed prerequisite nursing coursework, communication studies, and/or lifespan psychology at another college must bring course description and syllabi at the time of application. This is necessary in order to process course substitution/equivalency petitions and/or transcript evaluation petitions.
At the time of application, students who have completed coursework in another country must submit an evaluated foreign transcript. The transcript must be evaluated by an approved credential evaluation agency. Please see a counselor or refer to the SMC catalog for the proper report to request and a list of approved credential evaluation agencies.
- Available admission spaces for the Fall 2016 semester will be filled by students with the highest number of points. A lottery will be used or in progress courses may be considered in the event of a tie in points between candidates.
- If you are selected for admission, you will be notified via the email address and mailing address identified on your application. (Notification* occurs for fall applicants by the end of November and for spring applicants by the end of April).
- Applicants not selected for entry are encouraged to re-apply during the next application period.
- WE NO LONGER MAINTAIN A WAITING LIST