Future Nursing Students
Applications are now accepted for Spring 2017 Consideration!
The Santa Monica College nursing program utilizes a Multi-Criteria Process for applications to the Generic ADN program. Applications sessions are available every Spring and Fall semester. A link to the ADN Generic Program Multi-Criteria information grid is below.
Application Acceptance Dates
Applications for admission to the nursing program are taken each semester. Please review instructions below if you are ready to apply.
Instructions: How to Apply to SMC Nursing Program
- Make sure you have completed all requirements for admission listed under "Major Preparation". All requirements MUST be completed in order to make an application appointment.
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Microbiology courses with online laboratory components will not be approved as equivalent by the SMC Life Sciences Department.
You must have an SMC ID# in order to log in to Corsair Connect. If you have not applied to SMC, or have not attended SMC for 2 consecutive semesters (even if you have an SMC ID#), you must reapply online by going to SMC Admissions
. Please note
: If you are a new student or if you re-applied online, you will be using your SMC ID# and your 6-digit DOB for log-in to Corsair Connect.
The system will then prompt you to change your password and will take you through a series of steps to do so. This process may take 5-10 minutes.
Click on the Enrollment tab on the upper right corner of your page
Click on Counseling Services in the left menu
Click on "Nursing Program Application Workshops"
Complete the Checklist of Requirements
Schedule your appointment from the available dates and times listed and be sure to write it down.
Follow the prompts for additional information you need to know prior to your appointment (and see below)
Preparation for Your Application Appointment
Once you schedule your application appointment:
All application sessions take place at the Bundy Campus 3171 S. Bundy Drive Los Angeles 90066 (corner of Bundy and Airport Drive at the Santa Monica Airport), 3rd Floor, Room 319. FREE Temporary Parking Passes (for those who do not have an SMC parking decal) are available in the Health Sciences Lobby. Please arrive early and request a parking pass prior to your appointment time.
You must arrive on time for your session. If you arrive after the session begins, you will not be permitted to join the session. (For example, if the session is scheduled for 10am, the session will begin promptly at 10:10am, allowing for a 10-minute grace period). If you find you will not make it on time, you will need to schedule another available session via Corsair Connect.
If you are an international student, you must bring documentation of your VISA status to the application session.
Official transcripts are not required to be on file with SMC Admissions and Records office at the time of application but will be required for admission to the Nursing Program. Please have official transcripts mailed directly from school to school. The address is: Santa Monica College, Admissions and Records, 1900 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405.
Students who have completed prerequisite nursing coursework, communication studies, and/or lifespan psychology at another college must bring course descriptions and syllabi at the time of application. This is necessary in order to process course substitution/equivalency request(s) and/or transcript evaluation request(s).
At the time of application, students who have completed coursework in another country must submit an evaluated foreign transcript. The transcript must be evaluated by an approved credential evaluation agency. Please see a counselor or refer to the SMC catalog for the proper report to request and a list of approved credential evaluation agencies.
- Available admission spaces for the upcoming semester will be filled by students with the highest number of points. A lottery will be used or in progress courses may be considered in the event of a tie in points between candidates.
- If you are selected for admission, you will be notified via the email address and mailing address identified on your application. (Notification* occurs for fall applicants early November and for spring applicants early May).
- Applicants not selected for entry are encouraged to re-apply during the next application period.
- *Please note: At the time of admission to the Nursing program, students must submit: