Programs in business are designed to educate people for careers in business and business ownership. Business managers coordinate business activities in private industry, public agencies, and non-profit entities. They are responsible for operations, managing supply chains and transportation, planning, organizing, budgeting, directing, supervising and controlling. Business executives are higher-level management staff, directing the overall activities of the firm. They develop and administer policies to maximize profits and to meet the needs of all stakeholders, customers, stockholders, employees, vendors, and society.
- Associate in Science for Transfer in Business Administration
- Associate in Arts Degree in Business Administration
- Associate in Arts Degree in Management/Leadership
- Associate in Arts Degree in Merchandising
- Associate in Arts Degree in Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Certificate of Achievement in Entrepreneurship
- Certificate of Achievement in International Business
- Certificate of Achievement in Management/Leadership
- Certificate of Achievement in Marketing
- Certificate of Achievement in Merchandising
- Certificate of Achievement in Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Department Certificate in Business Entrepreneurship
- Department Certificate in Business International
- Department Certificate in Business Management
- Department Certificate in Business Marketing
- Department Certificate in Business Merchandising
- Department Certificate in Salon Business
- Department Certificate in Business Logistics
You must apply for A.A. degrees and Certificates of Achievement at the Admissions office.
All department certificates under 18 units are to be submitted to the Business office located in B220. Please complete the top half of the application and attach a copy of your transcript. You may log into Corsair Connect to download a copy of your unofficial transcript. Please highlight or underline the courses required for the certificate on your transcript. All required courses must have a letter grade of C or higher. Courses listed as “In Progress” are not valid.
You may drop off the application at the Business office during normal hours of operation from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. You may also mail your application to the following address:
SMC Business Dept.
Attn: Joy Tucker
1900 Pico Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Please note, your certificate will be mailed to the address listed on your application. Please allow up to 3 weeks to receive your certificate.
Degree and Certificate Requirements