Prerequisite: BUS 5
This course covers advanced topics in agency, partnerships, corporations, LLCs, torts, legal procedures and other advanced topics.
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of doing business as a partnership, a corporation and a limited liability corporation.
2. Delineate issues related to agency law.
3. Detail how legal procedures can be used to remedy problems related to partnerships (limited and general), corporations, LLCs and administrative agencies.
4. Articulate the legal process for forming, operating, and dissolving partnerships, corporations and LLCs.
5. Compare and contrast limited and general partnerships.
6. Delineate management’s and owners’ legal responsibilities and liability for the various types of businesses.
7. Research and report on business cases and evaluate legal judgments by determining relevant issues and by incorporating legislation and prior case law.
8 Break down and apply the laws that regulate business.
15% Agency law
20% Third-party relations of the principal and the agent
20% Corporations and LLCS
25% Regulation of business