Noncredit Registration & Enrollment
Steps to Enroll in Noncredit ESL Classes
You can register anytime during the semester. As long as the class is open (Open Entry/Open Exit)
Complete the Registration form below:
Send the completed registration form by email to email@example.com
The noncredit office will email you with your SMC student ID number (which you will need in order to complete Step #4 below)
Complete the Online Orientation.
Launch the Online Noncredit Orientation
Meet with the counselor by phone or Zoom to discuss your Student Education Plan.
- To book an appointment visit:
- Select the time and day you want to make an appointment
- Fill out your contact information and click confirm booking
The Noncredit Office will enroll you in your appropriate class(es).
Steps to Enroll in Noncredit Certificate Programs
only enrolled in Noncredit courses may enroll in Noncredit Vocational Certificate courses/programs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students enrolled in both credit and noncredit courses may enroll in Noncredit Vocational Certificate courses/programs by emailing email@example.com or by logging into
Location & Contact
SMC Bundy Campus
3171 Bundy Drive, Room 112
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Services are temporarily only offered remotely
- At least 18 years of age.
- Does not hold an F-1 visa.
Fees & Financial Aid
- SMC noncredit classes are free!
- You may be asked to pay for textbooks, materials, and supplies that you will need to succeed in your class.
- There is no financial aid available for noncredit courses, books or supplies.
- Other fee's that are optional may include: Student representation fee ($2), ASB membership fee ($19.50), or the student health fee ($18).
Grades & Transfer Credit
- You will receieve progress indicator pass/no pass grades for noncredit courses taken; students must recieve a "pass" for required courses in order to earn a noncredit certificate.
- Noncredit courses do not transfer to another school, but they help prepare you to take credit college courses.