Noncredit Registration & Enrollment
Steps to Enroll in Noncredit ESL Classes
- Fill out an application at the location below by visiting our office at Bundy campus / Room 112
- Sign up for an Intake Orientation Session (includes pre-test and educational plan).
- Attend an Intake Orientation Session
- Enroll in course(s) in Room 112
- Buy textbooks (1st Floor / Bundy campus during Week 1 only or SMC Bookstore at main campus
Steps to Enroll in Noncredit Certificate Programs
- Students only enrolled in Noncredit courses may enroll in Noncredit Vocational Certificate courses/programs in person by visiting the SMC Bundy Campus, 1st floor, Room 112.
- Students enrolled in both credit and noncredit courses may enroll in Noncredit Vocational Certificate courses/programs in person by visiting the SMC Bundy Campus or by logging into Corsair Connect.
Location & Contact
SMC Bundy Campus
3171 Bundy Drive, Room 112
Los Angeles, CA 90066
- Computer Lab: Room 116 ($.10 cents per copy)
Free Shuttle to Main Campus: Pick-up is on the south side of Bundy for SMC students and staff.
To see what classes are available, visit the Class Schedules.
The schedule is flexible for students. Courses are available in the morning and afternoons. We even have courses on Saturdays.
You can also come to the Bundy Campus and pick-up a class schedule in room 112
- At least 18 years old.
- Does not hold an F-1 visa
Changing Noncredit ESL Classes
- You can register anytime during the semester. As long as the class is open (Open Entry/Open Exit)
- If you feel you are not in the correct level, check with your instructor or a counselor about which level may be more appropriate for you.
- Go to Bundy Campus Room 116C to make any changes
Fees & Financial Aid
- SMC noncredit classes are free!
- You may be asked to pay for textbooks, materials, and supplies that you will need to succeed in your class. Approximate cost is $40-50.
- There is no financial aid available for noncredit courses books or supplies.
Grades & Transfer Credit
- You will not receive a grade for noncredit courses you attend.
- Noncredit courses do not transfer to another school, but they help prepare you to take credit college courses.
Noncredit ESL Priority Registration
Complete or update your Noncredit Education Plan with Counselor.
Complete 40 hours of instruction.
Complete CASAS post-test.
How to Get A Student Picture ID
- Take your registration form and a current photo ID to the Bursar Office (Map #44)
- Pay $32.50 for the ID card and activity sticker.
Visit the Bursar's Office for hours and location.
- At Santa Monica College, the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff are always the first priority.
- Download Live Safe – Free App with SMC safety information and real-time notifications to your phone.
- If you need assistance, contact Campus Police at (310) 434-4300
SMC takes pride in providing a safe environment. Another type of safety is consent.
For more information, visit Title IX.
Parking at Bundy
- You can get a parking decal in the kiosk for free parking
- Avoid getting a parking ticket! Head-in parking only.