The Objectives of the Santa Monica College Associates
- To promote, foster, and encourage scientific, literary, educational and artistic endeavors at Santa Monica College for students, members of the faculty and staff, and the community at large.
- To receive gifts for the purposes set forth above.
- To expend monies for the general welfare of the students and staff of Santa Monica College as set forth.
The SMC Associates was established in 1981. It is a community-based support group that fosters and encourages scientific, literary, educational and artistic endeavors at Santa Monica College. The Associates brings outstanding researchers, speakers and professionals to the college to stimulate student excellence and enrich campus life by sponsoring:
- On-Campus Lectures by eminent scholars and leaders in education, business, science and government
- Cultural Events, performances and exhibits
- Academic Department Programs, allowing discussion of current issues with experts in a wide range of fields in a more intimate setting
- Distinguished Scholars Program, providing an in-depth treatment of a single subject or concept
Click HERE to join The Associates!
Go back to Associates Home