(1) Parenting, including parent cooperative preschools, classes in child growth and development and parent-child relationships.
(2) Elementary and secondary basic skills and other courses and classes such as remedial academic courses or classes in reading, mathematics, and language arts.
(3) English as a second language.
(4) Classes and courses for immigrants eligible for educational services in citizenship, English as a second language, and work force preparation classes in the basic skills of speaking, listening, reading, writing, mathematics, decision-making and problem solving skills, and other classes required for preparation to participate in job-specific technical training.
(5) Education programs for persons with substantial disabilities.
(6) Short-term vocational programs with high employment potential.
(7) Education programs for older adults.
(8) Education programs for home economics.
(9) Health and safety education.